Sunday 24 August 2014

Stoking the Fire

I spent yesterday in Toronto and experienced the most amazing Corporate Seminar I have ever attended.  I've been at them before, and normally, they're just the same old, same old. But this one was somehow different and extremely inspirational and instructional while being fun at the same time.  The Seminar was designed for Canadian Team Beachbody Coaches as the Company launches a fully Canadian operation on August 28th

I don't even know where to begin to describe what I witnessed yesterday at the Toronto Canadian Launch event. There were so many things that touched me, that spoke to me, that moved me. We got wisdom from three multi star Diamond rank level Coaches (Miguel Carrasco, Leeia Borgies and Barbie Decker). Each spoke to different aspects of Beachbody. Each spoke to a different aspect of how Beachbody had transformed their lives. Miguel talked about his amazing physical transformation (losing 45 pounds in 90 days and becoming a Coach for Team Beachbody) , Leeia about how Beachbody changed her personal life (teaching her how to unlock personal development and learning insights on herself), and Barbie addressed the business side of Beachbody (developing and growing your business). Then came Beachbody CEO, Carl Daikeler. He has an amazing knack of holding an entire room in the palm of his hand with his passion, enthusiasm and sense of humour. It was like he reached inside each one of us and spoke directly to us.

Finally, it came to the Guest Celebrity trainer,  Sagi Kalev (A.K.A "The Beast"). He is a clinical nutritionist, former Mr, Israel and creator of the Beachbody Program designed to build lean muscle mass called "Body Beast".  His heart is as big as his muscles. He spoke about how we need to address all aspects of our life. He openly spoke about having a faith that you can draw on before you feel that you can't go on. Faith is not something that you draw on only in emergencies. His message was also to surround yourselves with people (even just ONE person) who believes in you. He answered some questions that we were asked to send in on the Canadian Coaches Board. I did get a moment in the sun when a question I posted was asked. Then, came the workout! It was tough but AMAZING. I did some moves that I had never done before (Mountain Climbers being one.. the rest I can't remember the names.) I was doing full blown pushups and jumping jacks. Before I started working out and earlier during my workouts, my knee pain would have forced me to modify. Probably the moment that will stay with me the longest was the very last part of the workout. We were divided into two parts. One side was told to get from one side of a double sized ballroom by doing pushups and moving forward while doing them, and the other side was to encourage them. There was one person who was really struggling in that group, and nobody was going to her, so I did. I stayed with her, cheered her on, and she made it. She immediately broke down and started sobbing. I knelt down and put my arm around her, and told her that she did an amazing job and that I was proud of her. She just hugged me and just kept sobbing on my shoulder. She never thought she would make it, but she did with support and encouragement. Even Sagi came to her and said how proud he was of her and what a great job she did. Then it was our turn to go across. I did it, and I was even held back by others in front of me. Sagi told me that he knew I could do it, and my reply to him was I KNOW I can! At one point, I would not have thought that I could make it. Being a Beast is about pushing through no matter what, and I am proud to say I AM a BEAST!  I will always remember the reaction and that look on that woman's face when she knew she made it, and how great the feeling was to help her GET there. Yes, we got a great PRACTICAL lesson on what it means to be a Team Beachbody Coach.  I KNOW I can do whatever I set my mind to.  Ask yourself… What is it that you want to do?   Think about it, and decide to do it. Seek out those who support you, and you WILL succeed with help, determination and hard, smart work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment